Diamonds are among nature’s most precious and beautiful creations. It is the hardest naturally occurring substance known and also the most popular gemstone. Due to this nature, diamonds are very popular in jewellery making. The cost of diamond is based on the 4C’s of diamonds which will be explained later in this blog. Since diamonds are costly, not all can afford big diamond jewellery, but definitely smaller diamonds can be affordable. Diamond pendants are available in various sizes, from small which can fit right into a light weight chain to heavier ones for necklaces. Here we list few small and cute diamond pendant designs which weights about a gram or two and set in 14k or 18k gold to make it durable.
Check out some diamond pendant video clips here:
Understanding the GIA Standard( 4C’s of Diamonds)
A diamond’s Color ranges from D through Z, with a D grade color being completely colorless and a Z grade color being saturated with a yellow tint. The ideal color is no color, which means colorless diamond is the most Valuable diamond.
The Clarity of a diamond is defined as its absence of blemishes and inclusions. The better the purity, better the Clarity. They are divided into following grades:
- FL/IF(Flawless or Internally Flawless) -No inclusions or blemishes visible
- VVS1/VVS2( Very Very Slightly included)- inclusions so slight that are hardly visible under 10x magnification
- VS1/VS2(Very Slightly Included)- Inclusions are observed with effort under 10x magnification, but can be characterized as minor
- S1/S2(Slightly Included)-Inclusions are noticeable under 10x magnification
- l1, l2, l3(Included)- Inclusions are obvious under 10x magnification which may affect transparency and brilliance
Diamond Carat weight determines how much the diamond weighs. The higher the Carat, bigger the diamond and costlier.
A diamond’s Cut determines its ability to transmit light & sparkle depending on how well the diamond’s facets interact with light. There are various types of cuts when it comes to diamonds that has to be understood. Among all the cuts, Round cut is the most common and popular one!