We all know about precious gems that are used in jewelry and these gems are believed to give positive vibes to the wearer. Birthstones are more than gems that align with each month. Each of them has a healing property that connects with the signs of the zodiac. They are also believed to protect, relax and enhance luck.
Gemstones are considered beneficial for each month (for each Zodiac as well) and when worn right, they tend to boost your inner strength .
Monthwise Gemstone Jewelry
|Pearl or Alexandrite
|Tourmaline or Opal
|Topaz or Citrine
|Tanzanite, Zircon or Turquoise
So, as per the chart Emerald is the birthstone for the month of May. You may also read our article on Gemstones for each Zodiac Sign.
Emerald Necklace Designs
Emeralds are gemstones that are derived from mineral beryl and the color green is obtained by traces or impurities of chromium and vanadium. Though expensive, emerald jewellery have become the latest trend for bridal jewellery. Emeralds are used in almost all types of jewelry nowadays.
Check out Emerald Necklace Designs here:
Emerald Polki Necklace Designs
Polkis are uncut diamonds that occur in the natural form and does not undergo cutting like diamonds. When emeralds and polki make a combination, they are simply resplendent. Many brides are choosing emerald polki chokers, necklaces, and haars for their big day, and the choice is undoubtedly regal. Emeralds are a class of their own, their hues are unmatched, making it one of the most sought gemstones.
Check out Emerald Polki Necklace Designs here:
Emerald Earring Designs
Emerald Bead Jewellery
Emerald Diamond Necklace Designs
Few things to consider before wearing your birthstone:
- Firstly, its very important to consult a wise astrologer before you wear a birthstone since they can have adverse effects too! Also, the gemstones have to be checked for any imperfections since its considered inauspicious to wear such stones.
- Its important to consider the weight of the gemstones before you wear them. To calculate it, divide your body weight by 12 and the number obtained should be the minimum gemstone weight in ‘Rati. (Example: If your body weight is 60, then 60/12=5. So 5 Rati is minimum gem weight to be worn)
- In India, it is a practice to check the positive effect of the birthstone by keeping it in your home or below your pillow when you sleep for 3 days. The gemstone is believed to suit the wearer in case of positive vibes and considered as a bad omen in case of negative effects or terrific nightmares.
- Astrologers believe that the gemstone should be worn in the bright lunar phase of the moon only.
- Last but not the least, the birthstones are believed to bring in good luck by clearing obstacles and building better inner strength, but not create wonders in your life. Do not expect any overnight miracles to happen with the birthstones!